Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Benefit Services Specialist
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
The Benefit Services Specialist (BSS) serves as the primary point of contact for our TotalSource clients and our internal service and business partners as it relates to the processing, guidance and governance of all Total Source Health and Welfare plan administration services and benefit programs. The TotalSource Health and Welfare plan is a robust offering with a full array of national and regional plan and carrier choices providing Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, FSA/HSA/OCB and voluntary benefit programs that support a client's ability to attract and retain talent.
- Administers, manages and/or governs a variety of benefit plans on a day-to-day basis through processing of various transactions and events within and potentially outside of the Total Source systems, including but not limited to pending enrollments, dependent verification, new hire, life and termination events and annual open enrollment processing.
- Partners with back office teams to coordinate transaction processing, audits and ad hoc or regular deliverables.
- Performs various data integrity and enrollment/eligibility audits. Researches and resolves issues identified through those routine audits.
- Reviews, maintains, and modifies standard operating and client operating processes and procedures for benefits administration. Identifies opportunities for potential improvement in enrollments and benefits administration. Makes recommendations to management and peers.
- Manages and monitors data flow and integration including carrier connections, payroll and/or processes manual carrier updates. Works in conjunction with various team members to resolve errors and issues in a timely and accurate manner. Escalates programmatic issues to appropriate team members, carriers or HRBPs, as appropriate.
- Provide tier 2 client and internal business partner service support. Communicate and execute benefit policy changes, as necessary. Research and resolve complex client benefit problems and questions, Coordinates with other TotalSource associates.
- Works with benefit providers to support client benefits administration and resolve eligiblity issues.
Service and Product Support
- Provides service support related to the administration of health and welfare benefit programs to the client and internal business partners and service team via phone, CRM, email or in person, regarding standard or client operating procedure, best practice/business process, the resolution of participant benefit plan, insurance provider and/or other client problems. Coordinates communication with appropriate HR or Benefits associates, internal business partners or carrier resources to expedite responses to critical process, operating, client or participant situations. Utilizes extensive benefits/product/process experience to identify issues, troubleshoot client or service team problems and assist with a resolution. This would include but not be limited to issues related to participant coverage, administrative processes, compliance, carrier connections, payroll, and TotalSource systems functionality.
- Continually upgrade knowledge and skill base relating to health and welfare benefit programs including compliance, standard operating procedures, administrative practices and processes and other benefit products, as applicable, to increase proficiency in a support capacity. May champion and/or assist in assessing regulatory changes and process impact, process improvement or other service application rollouts, and service training. Acts as a Liaison between the client, HRBP, CRE, ACA COE and the carriers to explain benefits related processes.
- Partners with various team members to coordinate and execute Annual Enrollment process for clients.
- Assists in analyzing plan and service requirements used in transitioning a client to service from implementation. Ensures system configuration, standards and client operating procedures, process guides, check lists, and knowledge base are accurate and complete.
- Mentors all levels of service associates. Provides instruction and guidance on health and welfare benefit programs, administrative process and procedures, compliance related questions or issues, troubleshooting system issues, and soft skill development. Works with newly hired associates as a coach. Identifies training needs. Develops, coordinates and may deliver training or booster classes to all levels.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for client, internal business partners and HRBP/CRE/GM related to benefits administration best practice, transaction processing, compliance standards and client operating procedures and responding to inquiries and resolving issues.
- Proactively works to identify problems and offer solutions to improve the internal operation and administration of the plans.
- Responds to complex client issues and escalations to ensure that support rendered meets or exceeds the client's needs to ensure client satisfaction.
- Works with the various Total Source service providers in order to identify and resolve issues.
- Takes a proactive approach to establish systematic processes and procedures that will reduce or eliminate errors.
Develops and implements the workflow (both manual and electronic) to ensure that the transactions are accurately processed by TotalSource service providers such as Section 125/FSA, COBRA, 401(k), etc.
Experience: Two plus years working in a Customer Service environment. This could be derived from one or more of the following:
Two plus years' experience in employee benefits and/or HR administration or related field.
Skills: Strong data management skills, strong communication skills (written and verbal), knowledge of Microsoft Office with a strong working knowledge of Excel, excellent interpersonal and telephone skills, effective time management skills, and demonstrated client conflict resolution skills necessary.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent in education and experience required. SHRM, PHR or GBA/CEBS preferred.