Agonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager, Electric
at Agonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
|Title:||Project Manager, Electric|
|Department:||Engineering & Technical Services|
Liberty Utilities, a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, is a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution business group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Mandate: The Project Manager position reports to the Manager Electric Engineering, and is responsible for the safety, reliability, security and integrity of the electric distribution system through the daily supervision and organization of Liberty Utilities’ contractors in order to complete job tasks while complying with Company, policies, procedures and requirements.
- Ensure supervised employees and contractors comply with safety standards, policies and processes in order to ensure a safe working environment and minimize risk for all staff.
- Execute all work tasks in compliance with all Company, requirements.
- Review and ensure accuracy of all project documents and aid in the closeout process.
- Responsible for work outside of normal work schedule including rotating "on-call" responsibilities overtime and storm assignments when necessary.
- Oversee the operational workload of the team to ensure allocated resources are fully utilized in order to deliver against agreed upon work plan and execute work activities within planned unit and budget cost.
- Participate in strategic business initiatives and projects and supervise Liberty Utilities contractor employees to the safe, timely and cost effective completion of work within the area of responsibility while promoting and implementing best practices in order to ensure and verify all work tasks achieve high productivity, quality standards and low costs.
- Monitor performance of allocated staff and/or outside resources, including issues relating to standards of work in order to ensure that work is performed efficiently and effectively.
- Supervise a culturally diverse workforce through coaching, counseling, and team building to ensure tasks are carried out in an efficient manner.
- Build good working relationships with internal & external customers and manage the day-to-day relationship with them in order to understand their requirements and deliver appropriate solutions within Liberty Utilities policies and processes.
- Successful candidate must:
- Procedures Safety and Tagging Control and Clearance Liberty Utilities’ in proficiency
- demonstrate knowledge of applicable, Company and Industry standards affecting the electric distribution system. develop
- demonstrate knowledge of standard operating procedures for field personnel to perform electric work on energized distribution facilities when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field and three years of progressively responsible experience in the electric utility industry; or
- An Associate’s degree in Engineering or a related field and five years of progressively responsible experience in the electric utility industry.
- Valid driver’s license
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company.â€‹ Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer