BAE Systems, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BAE Systems, inc.
NH008_65 Spit Brook Rd_Nashua_NH
Performs maintenance and operational practices on all types of air conditioning, refrigeration equipment, heating equipment and their related controls /component parts. Also performs local oversight of contractors and coordinates in-house skilled trades during construction & maintenance projects.
- Maintains, adjusts, repairs, installs, tests and operates all types of air conditioners, heating systems, chillers, steam absorption units, environmental chambers, hydraulic systems, vacuum pumps, pneumatic controls and microprocessor based building management system. Upgrades, writes and rewrites computer programs using Direct Digital Controls (DDC) to regulate facility equipment. May perform remote troubleshooting, repair service using a computer and modem.
- Works from prints, sketches, diagrams, handbooks and manufacturer's instructions to analyze, diagnose, adjust and repair malfunctioning heating, air conditioning, ventilating and chambers in order to ensure efficient operating conditions. Maintains, inspects and repairs microprocessor based building management systems.
- Installs microprocessor based control systems. Provides the reprogramming and control circuitry necessary for a complete installation.
- Works from prints, sketches, diagrams, handbooks and manufacturer's instructions to analyze, diagnose, adjust and repair malfunctioning heating, air conditioning, ventilating and associated support equipment.
- Designs, implements and recommends control system modification to better utilize the existing plant and equipment. Recommends modifications to conserve energy and extend the life of plant equipment.
- Maintains, rebuilds and replaces control transmitters and electronic components for the building management system. Installs new controls to provide the safest environment possible, and/or the most economical operation of for the facility equipment. Maintains, adjusts, troubleshoots and repairs all types of heating systems including but not limited to: steam, hydronic, forced hot air and humidification equipment.
- Adjusts and calibrates microprocessor based sensors by verifying conditions with calibration equipment such as a chilled mirror hydrocomputer, sling psychrometers, digital thermometers, and milliamp/millivolt meters, etc.
- Checks all areas of the plant for proper temperature, humidity, volume and velocity of air and adjusts actuating controls to balance system's as required. Interprets clean room particle counts and modifies the clean room air flows using equipment such as monometers and velometers to maintain clean room specifications.
- Monitors and adjusts building exhaust systems to assure adequate ventilation for the proper removal of fumes and gases. Monitors toxic gas and/or refrigeration leak monitoring equipment, etc.
- Installs heating, air conditioning, ventilation and refrigeration systems. Checks, balances, calibrates, adjusts and modifies systems after installation, modification or overhaul.
- Localizes disturbances in systems and executes the replacement of worn or defective parts.
- Utilizes computerized preventive maintenance schedule. Records and logs work performed include date of problem, explanation of problem, what controls and components were replaced and/or repaired on each system.
- May perform some of the duties of a Power Plant Mechanic, or Plumber, (i.e. operations, inspections, pump service, water treatment, air compressor service, vacuum pump service etc.)
- Interfaces with local project management, Plant Engineering, and contractors to obtain, furnish and/or exchange information as necessary for efficient and effective completion of required project tasks. Guide, instruct and direct activities of assigned trades and contractors. Plans and lays out new jobs and renovates or alters old equipment to assure project is correct and complete for proper operation. Responsible for ensuring all work performed and completed as specified by contract, engineering drawings & specifications and applicable codes.
- May be required to participate on special teams including but not limited to: snow removal, emergency response, and must be responsive to off-hour emergencies.
- May be required to clean and service equipment that may contain hazardous substances and to participate in the sorting and accumulation of hazardous waste materials in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Auto req ID