BAE Systems, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Hygienst II
at BAE Systems, inc.
Industrial Hygienist II
NH005_10 Tara Blvd_Nashua_NH
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join BAE Systems as a member of our sector Industrial Hygiene Team as an Industrial Hygienist II. Electronic Systems Sector has a population of approximately 14000 employees. The Safety Health and Environmental organization is a trusted business partner committed to supporting all employees in delivering a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible workplace. SHE provides innovative solutions to reduce risk, resulting in quality products and services and on-time delivery to our customers.
The selected applicant the successful candidate will work within a diverse group of SHE professionals and be responsible for supporting implementation of industrial hygiene programs across the sector.
The functions listed below describe the business purpose of the job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity. The Industrial Hygienist will:
· Provide technical industrial hygiene support to various sites, examples including: development and implementation of industrial hygiene management and monitoring plans, performing indoor air quality investigations, reporting monitoring results, identifying remedial actions, conducting field monitoring and ventilation assessments, evaluation of hearing conservation and respiratory protection areas.
· Support SHE program development and site delivery model.
· Conduct facility SHE inspections and audits as assigned by SHE management to ensure conformance to federal, state and local standards as well as the ES SHE management system.
· Recommend corrective actions in workplace layout or work processes to eliminate unsafe conditions and practices and coach affected employees on improvement opportunities.
· Identify and manage SHE risks in order to continually improve SHE performance.
· Perform other duties as required.
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.”
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Works well on both self-initiated/ directed projects and those driven by concerns and issues reported by company personnel/ management.
Takes pride in analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail. Aspires to go above and beyond expected job functions, continually raising the bar.
Technical competence in Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) regulations (State, OSHA, EPA, DOT), Excellent technical and communication skills, strong ability to work independently and within teams,
Preferred Skills and Education:
Desire to become Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
Strong written and analytical skills
Working knowledge of OSHA regulations, as well as voluntary SHE guidelines, such as ACGIH, NIOSH, AIHA, ANSI, NFPA, etc.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Auto req ID
Industrial Hygienst II