Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist, Compliance Advisory - Manchester
at BNY Mellon
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
The role of the UK Compliance Officer is primarily to support Asset Servicing and Client Services Delivery with their regulatory responsibilities (i.e. whether through direct regulation, guidance and/or policies).
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
- Provide accurate and timely technical advice to business/business partner colleagues on regulatory compliance issues.
- Help prepare and maintain a detailed rule map of the full universe of applicable rules for the relevant business lines. Understand and help maintain a detailed business matrix outlining the relevant legal entities, activities and process flows
- Represent Compliance within business driven projects. Provide constructive challenge to help ensure that BNY Mellon's regulatory obligations are taken account of within the project.Represent BNY Mellon at relevant industry events/ forums.
- Participate in internal business meetings and represent BNY Mellon externally as required. Ensure that any reports required for those meetings are provided in a timely manner and are focused and relevant to the meeting topic. Provide constructive challenge within meetings regarding relevant regulatory requirements.
- Participating in and eventually leading the delivery of Compliance related training.
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department.
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or Compliance immediately of any regulatory breach.
In addition the role holder should be prepared to assist as required in the following activities:
- Oversight or assessment, communication and implementation of regulatory change to include the drafting of responses to industry papers.
- Participation in ad hoc projects.
The role may require input across other BNY Mellon operations where business is outsourced. Therefore, the jobholder should be prepared to travel.
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
- The successful incumbent will ideally have a solid background within financial services and have a good understanding of relevant regulations and legislation. Compliance/Risk/Controls background and experience is preferable.
- The successful incumbent will also need to demonstrate a good understanding of the Compliance and Risk Culture within the finance industry, together with an understanding of the roles and objectives of the Regulators impacting on BNYM. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a step into the compliance and further their career within the field.
You will also need:
- Concise and effective communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to influence and manage senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, detail focussed
- Proactive and solution based thinking in a changing environment
- Team player and flexible in a fast paced environment. Strong relationship management skills
- Experience of the Microsoft Office suite, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
BNYM Core Competencies:
- Customer Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Managing Risk
Job Specific Competencies:
Analytical Thinking: The ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, or tracing the implications of a situation in a systematic step-by-step manner.
Conceptual Thinking: The ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to determine key underlying issues in complex situations.
Problem Solving: The ability to build a logical approach to resolve problems or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
Work Quality: The ability to demonstrate attention to detail to achieve quality results.
Planning and Organising: The ability to establish a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure consistent accomplishment of specific objectives.
Motivation: The ability to create an environment that promotes a sense of achievement, caring and satisfaction; a concern for working against high standards of excellence.