Buchanan & Edwards
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Database Systems Developer
at Buchanan & Edwards
- Job ID
- Information Technology
Growth requires a strong foundation, and at Buchanan & Edwards, our people are our strength. They are the foundation for building the next generation of innovative IT solutions, revolutionizing the industry, and solving the nation’s most critical challenges.
Let Buchanan & Edwards help you unleash your potential and reach your goals.
Come grow with us.
We are currently looking for a skilled Database Systems Developer to support the Department of State's Visa Support Services organization in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Candidates must possess an ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE in order to qualify.
- This individual shall be responsible for managing and maintaining current databases, as well as devising internal site-specific enhancements or future replacements to these current databases.
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Performs maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Manage the implementation of data governance initiatives, including test data management, data privacy and data lifecycle management.
- Create and maintain enterprise-level data architecture artifacts including entities and relationships models and data dictionary. Provide guidance and mentoring to development staff in data-related areas.
- Oversee the creation and evolution of architecture deliverables, including services, frameworks, templates, taxonomies, tools, standards, guidelines and best practices that support the delivery of solution.
- Perform other projects and tasks as required.
Experience: 5-7 years
Certifications: Security+ CE, applicable technical designation certification preferred (For example; Java 1.7, Oracle Certified Professional, or COGNOS)
Clearance: Must possess an ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal Opportunity Employer –Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Buchanan & Edwards is an E-Verify employer.