DEKA Research & Development Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer in Test - Cloud Computing
at DEKA Research & Development Corp
For over thirty years, DEKA Research & Development Corp. has made Manchester, New Hampshire home. Housed in the largest industrial complex of its time, the historic Amoskeag Millyard, DEKA employs a team of professionals, whose engineering, design, manufacturing and quality expertise make DEKA a hot spot for creating innovative solutions and advanced technologies. Located about an hour from Boston, the beach, and the mountains, DEKA is one of the leading research and development companies in the country and is the birthplace of some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in building test frameworks, stress & performance testing, service/integration level testing, and optimization. Some organizations refer to this a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). You will be an integral part of the development team, building code and providing insight into the performance, scalability and usage of the system through failure analysis, generation of test data, and simulations. You will be navigating the codebase/API, identifying better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You will write complex code/scripts to test systems, implement test harnesses, and automated test infrastructure as necessary.
- Design and develop automated tests to support Performance, Integrity, and Scalability using existing frameworks
- Define and Document test cases based on requirements
- Work with developers, program managers, and other teams within DEKA to create high quality software
- Participate in technical reviews (e.g. requirements, design, test plans, and code)
- Participate in Agile process (e.g. daily scrum, backlog grooming, planning)
- 3+ years code development experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience working to and with detailed requirements
- Experience programming with at least one of the following: Java/Groovy, C++, C#
- Experience defining and documenting test cases
- Experience using automated software testing tools
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented design and programming principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience with AWS hosted services