Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician is a brand new role, required for the tangible expansion of KMC Systems’ precision manufacturing services. The purpose of the Manufacturing Engineering Technician will be to support existing and New Product Introductions (NPI) to ensure production capacity, efficiency, and quality; and to provide improvements to manufacturing processes.
KMC Systems is a contract engineering and manufacturing company that designs and manufactures some of the most innovative and technologically advanced diagnostic systems available. Our elite customers are among the most recognized and admired medical device companies in the world. The world-class partners that KMC Systems has been attracting are the impetus of our strategic and forward-looking growth.
In this role, you will provide an advanced level of technical assistance with the construction, testing, and debugging of manufacturing products; transition of pilot products to manufacturing; and general electro/mechanical activities.
With limited direction and instruction, the Manufacturing Engineering Technician works closely with members of the operations team, production team members and Manufacturing Engineering. You will also build cooperative relationships and interface building with Design, Quality, and Supply based engineering as well as other internal organizations.
- Provide complex technical assistance in the assembly, testing, and debugging of electro/mechanical assemblies.
- Works independently and closely with manufacturing, electrical, mechanical, software, and systems engineering to troubleshoot systems, parts tracking and ordering, modifying, manipulating, and configuring test setups that support manufacturing.
- Support accurate parts lists, bills of materials, assembly trees, and out sourcing opportunities.
- Develop, evaluate and specify tools, fixtures, equipment and jigs for the manufacture of systems, assemblies, components. Recommend and initiate modifications to optimize production conditions.
- Identify and recommends test processes, procedures and equipment, coordinating with Systems and Quality Engineering departments.
- Interfaces and contribute in coordinating efforts with other engineering departments and vendors to assure efficient, cost effective production operations.
- Evaluate and review instructions, specifications and methods to support the product life cycle transitions from development into production.
- Conduct experiments to evaluate operating characteristics of products or processes.
- Development and revision of production work instructions.
- Assures product and process quality by testing finished product and process capabilities and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide training and guidance to manufacturing personnel.
- Product and Process Design & Development
- Process Documentation and Work Instructions
- Human Factors, Ergonomics and Safety
- Awareness of GD&T, 3D models, prints, schematics
- Quality Systems, Standards, and Methodology
- Continuous Improvement: Lean principals, 5S plus 1, P/FMEA, Visual Factory
- Problem Analysis & Solving
- Root Cause & Failure Analysis
- A Technical Degree with 2-4 years of electro/mechanical assembly experience, or 5-7 years of electrical or electro/mechanical assembly experience.
- Strong Written & Oral Communication skills
- Innovative & Creative
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with CAD or ECAD, programs a plus