Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Test Engineer
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
The Principal Test Engineer researches, plans, designs, develops, analyzes and tests a variety of electronic and optical equipment and systems, including displays, sensors, processors, interface units and other electronic devices; circuitry components; analog and digital computers; and control and test equipment.
- Perform design activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Produce test system and circuit card schematics.
- Design, automate, and run test equipment used for design and qualification validation testing.
- Design, automate, and maintain test equipment and systems for manufacturing product validation
- Participate in design reviews.
- Participate in proposal development.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Consult vendors on components and make final component selections
- Investigate and select subassemblies and COTS equipment for incorporation into designs
- May interface directly with Program Management
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Optical Engineering plus 10+ years of related experience.
Preferred: Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD), Certified TestStand Developer (CTD), C#
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- System Integration
- NI TestStand,LabView, LabWindows /CVI Preferred.
- Optics/Optical Measurement and generation equipment - required
- Military and Civilian Aerospace communications standards ARINC-429, ARINC-818, ARINC-708, MILSTD-1553, RS-485/422/232 preferred.
- Mass Interconnect technologies
- PXI Instrumentation driver implementation
- Proficiency with schematic capture and simulation tools
- Development of Test Program Sets
- Create and interpret specifications
- Ability to use electrical analysis packages
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Video Generation, Acquisition and Standards
- Requirement Analysis
- Technical Writing