Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
KMC Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of and co-located with Elbit Systems of America, is a leading contract designer and manufacturer of medical devices and instrumentation for OEM’s in the areas of diagnostic, therapeutic, and biomedical products. With more than 30 years of experience, KMC is an ISO 13485 certified and FDA registered firm with expertise in all aspects of medical product development, verification, design for and transition to production. Additional capabilities include flexible turnkey manufacturing, depot repair and full compliance with FDA QSR regulations and GMP practices.
As a Java / C# / C++ Software Engineer ... you will design, implement, and deliver reliable, high quality, robust embedded and desktop software targeted to complex medical device instruments meeting regulatory standards.
- Responsible for daily software activities including participation in issue resolution and communication across discipline teams in order to deliver software projects on-time and on-budget
- Participation in software project risk assessment including estimates of impact on time, budget, and scope.
- Work with other members of the software team to execute code and design reviews of complex Medical Devices
- As the Senior Java /C# / C++ Software Engineer you will drive design documentation and plans (detailed software design documents, software development plans and software configuration plans)
- Drive software requirements with other members of the software team as appropriate (team lead, architect, etc.) and proactively work to integrate with system requirements
- Utilize software engineering best practices (unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Support modernization and continuous improvement of software team tools / processes
- Work cooperatively within the software group as well as across disciplines such as systems, electrical, optical and mechanical.
- As a part of a multi-disciplinary team, participate in the creation of Medical Device product proposals with cost and time estimates.
- BSCS, BSEE, BS Math, or equivalent discipline (MBA or MS preferred) plus 5 or more years of Medical Device product development experience
- Demonstrated experience in software Java (expert level) / C# / C++ (experience) development lifecycle (Agile, Spiral), object oriented design methodology
- Design experience of software for hardware instruments / devices that include motion control interfaces
- Experience with medical device regulatory standards such as 21 CFR Part 820, IEC 62304 and ISO 13485 including experience with system risk / hazard analysis
- Experience with software configuration tools for source code control (CVS, SVN, PerForce), issue tracking (Mantis, Jira), requirements management (DOORS), code review tools (Code Collaborator, Crucible) and 3rd party project build tools
- Leadership capabilities
- Creative / innovative, able to think on your feet and work well given typical project schedules
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- MS Project skills a plus
- Software time and cost estimation experience a plus