Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sourcing Specialist - Procurement
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
KMC Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of and co-located with Elbit Systems of America, is a leading contract designer and manufacturer of medical devices and instrumentation for OEM’s in the areas of diagnostic, therapeutic, and biomedical products. With more than 25 years of experience, KMC is an ISO 13485 certified and FDA registered firm with expertise in all aspects of product development, verification, design for and transition to production. Additional capabilities include flexible turnkey manufacturing, depot and field service repair and full compliance with FDA QSR regulations and GMP practices.
- Submit, negotiate and document RFQ’s. Review terms and conditions, to ensure business needs are met. Implement and manage RFQ’s from to PO implementation. Plays a critical role in the vendor selection process
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure orders meet quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Coordinate with key decision makers in Quality, Engineering, Production, Procurement, on Supplier related non-conformances, supplier risks
- Evaluate and recommend purchasing and sourcing decisions to management.
- Manage and track obsolesce and End Of Life notifications to ensure stakeholder engagement
- Maintains healthy vendor relationships, corresponding via e-mail, phone and meetings in a timely and professional manner. Build supplier relationships, and assist in capacity analysis of suppliers.
- Conduct Supplier reviews and monitor assigned contracts to ensuring all commitments and requirements are met.
- Serve as escalation point for procurement teams during out of stock situations
- Works with Quality and Engineering to qualify new sources of supply
- Participate in sourcing data analysis, forecasting and planning and conduct spend analysis for new sourcing opportunities and to leverage non contract spend
- Consolidate supplier metrics and report on supply risks and supplier performance.
- Supports vendor management, when applicable, by collaborating with stakeholders to maintain or improve performance, as appropriate.
- A Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 6 years of procurement experience.
- Experience purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated excellent written communications, negotiation skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with ERP – Oracle Preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working in an ISO13485 environment a plus
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Project management experience
- Capable to work on projects with minimal supervision and demonstrates flexibility, integrity and organization.
- This position may require travel up to 40% travel.