Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Manager Business Development - EO Payloads
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Scope: The Sr Manager Business Development – will use a diverse business development background with a specific experience in DOD Electro-Optical (EO) Payloads and Systems to develop new business for the company. Detailed knowledge of DOD requirements generation and acquisition process is required.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Managing business development activities for Airborne, Maritime and Ground EO Payloads
- Lead and/or assist in the development of an on-going 5-year strategic roadmap supporting new business in this area.
- Assess emerging technological areas with "up front" involvement by establishing personal relationships with various DOD agencies and the industry, such as:
- Army Material Command
- Army Futures Command
- Areas of specific experience: CRANE, MCOE, Night Vision Labs (NVESD), CERDEC are desirable.
- Preparation or roadmaps of current and future key DOD platforms, system initiatives and acquisitions. Make recommendations and develop action plans to position Elbit Systems with future procurements and programs.
- Assess annual service budgets and long range plans (Program Objective Memorandum) to recommend key areas to target within the service and which are in line with the ESA EOPT long-term roadmap.
- Partnering with Field Marketing colleagues to establish personal and professional relationships with DOD acquisition offices
- Establish and maintain direct, personal relationships with key industry and government customers. Establish and maintain similar relationships with ESL and ESA counterparts.
- Lead Go/No-Go assessments, as well as campaign and capture plans
- Continuously assess ESA and ESL capabilities (current and emerging) against customer requirements.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Management of the ESA EO related investments as appropriate.
- DoD, US Army, US Navy, US Airforce, USMC Requirements, Procurement personnel & USG Labs personnel
- Industry: FLIR, LMCO, Raytheon, L3
- Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Contracts and Operations staff at ESA & ESL
Education (Highest Level Required/Preferred):
Bachelor degree required.
Training Pre-requisites (Within One Year of Taking Position):
Safety Training, as dictated by Safety Department
Functional (Using Skill Set): 5-10 years
Management: 5-10 years
Industry: 5-10 years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Engineering and Technical background highly desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of how DOD material requirements are generated and acquired is required. Previous experience in the DOD acquisition process, including DOD program and/or acquisition office, is desirable
- Experience in the industry related to EO payloads is highly desirable
- Proven track record of successful contract wins and documented business growth
- Will have 5-10 years’ experience in business development.
- Military background is a plus; (service with General Staff or attended War College).
- Must be a team player, independent thinker, able to multi task and communicate.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build alliances.
- Excellent communication with interpersonal and analytical skills.
- A strong work ethic coupled with good business sense.
- A management styles that leads by example and the ability to serve as a team player that can focus on the business objectives of the organization.
- Strong skills in sales and ability to be a business partner.
- International business development experience (FMS, direct commercial sales, FMF) is a plus.
- Knowledge of export/import regulations (ITAR, etc.) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Strategic planning experience is a plus.