Elliot Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Elliot Health System
7 pm - 7:30 am
36 hours/week (7:00pm - 7:30am) with every other weekend
- POSITION SUMMARY
- Delivers care to patients and families with needs ranging from basic to complex utilizing the nursing process. Creates a therapeutic and caring environment for patient and families. Practices in a manner consistent with the Elliot Hospital Interprofessional Practice model; the ANA’s Social Policy Statement, Scope and Standards of Practice, and the Nursing Code of Ethics; and relevant specialty standards of practice.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Innovation & Inspiration
- Embraces and promotes change to support optimal patient outcomes and an effective professional practice environment.
- Collaboration & Continuity in Caring
- Involves patient/family in goal setting and planning, and communicates that plan of care to patient and family for input; and to colleagues to ensure seamless care across shifts and settings.
- Demonstrates accountability for continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrates accountability for own role in smooth operations of unit.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize and manage rapidly changing situations.
- Respect & Role Modeling
- Utilizes current evidence and relevant national/specialty standards to guide practice and/or performance and identifies areas for improvement.
- Demonstrates competent clinical practice utilizing clinical decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Licensure: New Hampshire Registered Nurse or Compact State Registered Nurse License.
- Technical Certification: Ability to obtain BLS qualification during orientation period and maintain during employment. ACLS preferred.
- Professional Certification: Nurses are expected to pursue professional certification upon eligibility or within three years of entering the specialty practice.
- Software/ Hardware: Ability to advance basic computer skills as the health system adds new systems or performs upgrades to existing systems.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Schedule: Work schedule may include 8-12 hours per day with weekend/holiday coverage based on individual unit needs. Personnel are expected to cover for absences by rotating, working extra shifts, or use of on-call as needed. Nursing personnel are assigned to one area upon employment, but may be required to assume assignments in other areas to meet patient needs.