FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Collections Specialist II
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Operations - Collections
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
CIT Small Business Solutions (formally known as Direct Capital) is seeking an experienced Commercial Collections Specialist to join their growing team on the NH Seacoast. The Collections Specialist will interact with Business2Business clients who have financed equipment or executed a working capital loan for their business with CIT. The role is responsible for the collection of delinquent balances on customer accounts by initiating communication and negotiating payments. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communications skills (verbal and written) and will be a demonstrated problem solver. CIT is hiring in multiple stages of delinquency.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Commercial Collections Specialist is responsible for servicing a portfolio of delinquent customer accounts.
- General Responsibilities Include:
- Performs day-to-day activities in a fast paced environment to ensure effective account management on collection accounts.
- Communicates via phone conversations, email, fax and letters with customers concerning status of invoice payments.
- Performs reconciliations for accounts to maintain accuracy.
- Interfaces with Sales, Operations and Finance departments to resolve billing, collection and credit issues.
- Establishes strong working relationships with the sales team to support collections efforts.
- Works with customers in a proactive manner to resolve discrepancies.
- Reconciles account status using current and historical invoicing and payment activity analysis.
- Acts as a liaison with financial operations regarding the research on misapplied or payment issues.
- Resolves all overdue account balances, unassigned cash and payment discrepancies through research, communication and follow up with customers or sales teams.
- Monitors changes in customer financial status and payment patterns.
- Audits and maintains customer accounts to make sure terms are accurate and customer profiles have current information.
Education & Experience:
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent negotiation skills –Collections experience preferred but a background in customer service or sales accepted as well
- Exhibit confidence to quickly evaluate a situation to find the best solution for both the client and CIT
- Function well independently and in a team orientated environment.
- Comfortable forming strong and lasting relationships with clients over the phone.
- Professional and Energetic when dealing with clients; leaving them with a positive experience/impression of CIT.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to take constructive critique and implement training concepts into your own voice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related area and/or relevant experience in collections or customer/client services