Gannett Fleming Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Traction Power Engineer/Analyst
at Gannett Fleming Inc
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
- Transit & Rail
- Employment Status
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s Lebanon, New Hampshire office is currently seeking a talented entry-level to intermediate Rail Traction Power Engineer/Analyst/Modeler to join one of the country’s premier rail transit systems teams. This professional will analyze proposed designs as well as existing traction power supply and distribution systems for a variety of clients and rail traction power technologies including state-of-the-art energy storage devices.
The Traction Power Engineer/ Analyst with modeling experience will work from drawings and specifications, technical reports, electrical schematics and performance specifications together with client and internal direction in accordance with our customers’ needs. Work assignments may also entail the performance and/or planning and oversight of field instrumentation (data collection) in support of the diagnostic or validation phase of a project.
- Develop, revise, test and analyze computer-based traction power load flow and fault studies using simulation models based on specialized software and traditional techniques;
- Perform on-site instrumentation (data collection) when needed in coordination with client staffs;
- Help generate technical content for customer proposals as required;
- Follow QA/QC policies and procedures and identify possible quality and safety issues within the scope of the project.
- Current or recent project management experience a plus;
- Bachelor's (B.S.) Electrical Engineering degree with 3 – 8 years of experience in same or related field such as high-voltage electrical engineering or technician-level responsibilities within a manufacturing or electric utility environment, or a railroad or rail transit owner and/or operator or railway equipment supplier.
- Experience in power systems modeling, simulation and analysis is desired
- E.I.T. or Professional Engineer License (P.E.) status preferred
- Familiarity with specific design requirements related to AC and DC traction power systems in transportation or a related field such as industrial or electric utility power distribution systems
- Understanding of or willingness to quickly learn AREMA, American National Standards Institute and IEEE and other applicable standards
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Familiarity with general industrial, utility or traction power system analysis (load flow and fault studies) or willingness to quickly learn
- Strong math skills and understanding of physics and engineering principles are essential
- Competent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel occasionally to client facilities and meetings; typically, overnight
- Relocation is available
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Lebanon NH, New Hampshire
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID: 2019-6040