Nashua School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Nashua School District
Openings as of 7/19/2019
- Substitute Para-Educators JobID: 3825
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
2018-2019 School Year
- One-on-one or small group instruction as outlined by the teacher
- Reinforcing behavior through the use of positive behavior support
- Teaching daily living skills such as independent feeding, dressing, toileting
- Aiding occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech teachers and adaptive physical education providers during instruction
- Guiding and assisting students in small group instruction settings with class routines and in transitioning from one activity to the next
- Teaching students, under direction of teacher in the following areas: recreation, motor, vocational, socialization and communication utilizing the workshop model in Literacy and Mathematics
- Assisting students with ambulation within the school premises and on class trips
- Lifting, feeding, toileting and diapering after receiving appropriate training
- Collecting data documenting student behavior for instructional purposes
- Writing anecdotal information concerning student behavior
- Providing language assistance for bilingual students
SUBSTITUTE PARA EDUCATORS NEEDED FOR THE 2018-2019 school year. $9.57 PER HOUR
High school diploma or equivalent. Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Responsibilities of the Substitute Para-Educator
Substitute para-educators are contacted on an as-needed basis to cover absences reported by school-based paraprofessionals. The role of the substitute para-educators is to assist teachers with class work and/or assist with the daily care of students with emotional, cognitive, physical handicaps, autism and other special needs. Their responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
This notice should not be construed to imply that this is the exclusive list of job functions associated with this position.
Applicants should apply on our website at www.nashua.edu
The Nashua Board of Education reaffirms its position of compliance with applicable State and Federal laws of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information and age in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in the services, programs and activities of the Nashua School District.