National HealthCare Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at National HealthCare Associates
Dover Center for Health & Rehabilitation
307 Plaza Drive, Dover, New Hampshire 03820
MAJOR PURPOSE: Responsible for the preparation of food in accordance with current guidelines, regulations and established policies and procedures and as may be directed by the Food Services Director to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
- Prepares and cooks adequate amounts of quality food items for meal service according to standardized recipes and planned menus in a timely, safe and sanitary manner; demonstrates proper meal planning techniques.
- Portions and serves food items during meal service according to menu and prescribed therapeutic diets in an attractive and appetizing manner; meets resident's individual preferences and therapeutic needs in a timely, safe and sanitary manner.
- Monitors tray line throughout serving periods to ensure that foods are available to replenish when needed without delay.
- Schedules and prepares foods for special functions as planned and listed on the production sheets.
- Prepares adequate food as would be necessary for vending par levels, i.e. entrees and desserts.
- Stores all food items and supplies according to procedure, in a safe and sanitary manner. Responsible for checking food orders on arrival as needed.
- Orders stock items in appropriate quantities for the proper functioning of the Dietary Department as directed.
- Prepares, washes, sanitizes and properly handles pots, pans and cooking utensils according to procedure in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Operates, cleans and sanitizes any equipment or work surfaces according to procedure in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Cleans food service work area as assigned according to posted work and cleaning schedules. Maintains a neat, clean and orderly work environment.
- Instructs and maintains food handling techniques and meal service set-ups for food service personnel on assigned shifts. Assigns and supervises dietary aides according to schedule.
- Assists Food Service Manager with written evaluations of dietary aides and documents accurately their strengths, weaknesses and the steps taken to improve their performance. Such evaluations become part of the dietary aides permanent records and shall be used as the basis for determining the continued employment of dietary aides, promotional opportunities and the amount of any wage increases granted.
- Secures and locks the kitchen as directed. Understands and complies with the closing procedure of the Dietary Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Food Service Manager.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Interest in the dietary needs of the aged and the chronically ill with the ability to work with the elderly.
- Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff in the performance of duties.
- Ability to observe proper safety and sanitary techniques.
- Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position assignment.
- Prefer at least one year of institutional cooking experience.
- Ability to manage during an emergency.
- Ability to use and operate the following equipment: slicer, oven, grill, large blender, steam tables, coffee machine, can opener, microwave oven, robot coupe, dish machine, and any other equipment necessary to prepare meals.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day, proper body mechanics required -- bending, stooping, turning, stretching, and
- reaching above the shoulders are involved.
- Must be able to cope with the mental, emotional and physical stress of the position.
- Must be able to observe, listen and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, support agencies, and outside agencies.