Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northeast Arc
|Shift:||2-5 Hours Per Week|
Job Summary: Works in tandem with individual and LICSW and other important people in their life, to identify and overcome barriers to independence, personal fulfillment and participation in community life.
- Takes direction from the individual in determining what is important to the individual.
- Works alongside individual to support the development and implementation of a Life Plan, to facilitate progress in some of the following areas:
- executive functioning
- personal coping mechanisms
- independent living
- community life
- healthy relationships
- Helps the individual identify his/her strengths and develops a plan of action to capitalize on these positive attributes and to overcome barriers.
- Uses a variety of methods and modalities to reinforce the acquisition of vital information and skills, including collaborative problem-solving, modeling, apps and technology, and naturalistic teaching.
- Reports on progress and participates in meetings as needed.
- Participates in supervision with supervisor at least bi-weekly.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in a relevant discipline including Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, and two years of post-graduate experience in working with individuals with mental health issues and ASD. In addition, coaches must demonstrate a significant knowledge of and background in developmental disabilities.
- In lieu of a Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of experience with individuals with mental health issues and ASD as well as a demonstrated working knowledge of and background in developmental disabilities.