Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pro Mach
This position contributes to the success of the company by providing the skills and flexibility necessary to work effectively in various areas of production.
Essential Job Functions
- Assemble orders & prepare items for shipment;
- Weighs or measures items of incoming & outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records;
- Determines method of shipment; Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications;
- Calculate most cost efficient shipping;
- Accurately record shipping & receiving data;
- Receive & unpack materials & supplies;
- Report damages & discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement & record-keeping purposes;
- Complete shipping & receiving reports as required;
- Routes items to individuals/departments/stock locations as appropriate;
- Operates appropriate machinery which may include tier lift truck, handtruck, forklift, etc. to move, convey, hoist shipments to & from shipping & receiving platforms; attends mandatory training on that equipment;
- May assist with press-related activities as needed.
- With proper training, may operate printing press equipment.
- Pull, erect, label, fill, and close boxes for finished labels.
- Palletize completed and filled boxes.
- Move completed pallets to staging area for transfer to shipping/warehouse.
- Assist with cleaning area at the end of the shift.
- Perform rewind/inspection work: inspect all products as rewound off presses
- Assist in the set-up of finishing equipment
- Inspect finished products based on supplied specifications and standard quality criteria
- Package finished products based on supplied specifications and standard packaging criteria
- Monitor the daily ship list; communicate with the Production Manager on progress/problems
- Organizational/time management skills
- Mathematical skills; ability to use calculator
- Experience with MS Office, Excel & ability to perform specific shipping/receiving exercises in relevant software
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Attention to detail
Other Skills/Abilities which will ensure success
- Excellent communication skills with people throughout the organization & with vendors & shippers
- Detail orientation, value accuracy
- Organization skills & ability to work with changing priorities
Physical requirements of position
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds
Exposure to Hazardous Materials
Following all federal, state, local and IDT specific safety guidelines as prescribed in the employee handbook and subsequent company safety training. Some minor exposure to hazardous materials such as epoxies, cleaners, etc. may be required as part of this job. Please refer to the material’s specific MSDS for proper handling instructions.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.