Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welder - 2nd Shift
at Proto Labs
The Welder is responsible for safely, productively, and skillfully creating beautiful metal fabricated parts to print using various welding tools and equipment. Responsible for permanently joining metal parts using high heat application to form a permanent bond using TIG/MIG welding techniques. Specializes in different processes of welding to join metals together. Proper maintenance ensures equipment runs in top condition and to full capability every day and the production environment is organized and efficient. The primary responsibility of the Welder is to produce metal fabricated parts to customer print specifications using allotted standard times and processes.
Second Shift hours are 2 pm – 10 pm
Specific duties include:
- Thin gauge metal components to create prototypes
- Use a rod and heat to join metals including steel, aluminum, and stainless steel
- Operate welding machine that feeds wire to bond materials
- Plan work by interpreting blueprints and using 3D models
- Determine welding position and type of metal to be fused
- Select and set up welding equipment
- Ensure welds meet standards and specifications
- Use heat from an electric arc to cut and trim metal objects
- Ability to read drawings and customer prints as required
- Ability to operate welding equipment
- Mathematical ability
- Ability to read and follow written work instructions
- Familiarity with sheet metal measuring tools
- Good communications skills
- Ability to follow verbal directions
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
All Proto Labs facilities in the United States are ITAR-compliant operations. Due to ITAR regulations, Proto Labs is only able to employ U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire.
Proto Labs, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer