Saint Anselm College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Arena and Ice Rink Attendant - Two Positions
at Saint Anselm College
Saint Anselm College, a private, liberal arts college in the Benedictine tradition, is seeking two part-time experienced Arena and Ice Rink Attendants for the Thomas F. Sullivan Arena, the College’s multi-purpose events venue. The arena houses the ice rink, which is home to our varsity ice hockey teams, club ice hockey teams, intramural ice hockey teams and numerous high school and youth ice hockey teams and figure skating clubs. These are part-time positions generally not exceeding 24 hours per week, 28 weeks per year beginning in September of each year. Requires flexible work hours, including some days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and occasional mandatory overtime.
Duties include ice resurfacing and edging, arena maintenance and light mechanical tasks, routine custodial services, clearing snow and ice from entrances, working in a noisy environment, and some heavy lifting.
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a courteous manner and to provide quality customer service required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Prior experience supervising others is a plus.
- Previous Zamboni or similar mechanical experience/ background highly desirable.
- High School graduate or equivalent, with related experience required.
Successful candidates will be able to assist the college to further its strategic goals for institution-wide diversity and inclusiveness.