Salem School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Mathematics and Science (Grades K through 8)
at Salem School District
Openings as of 7/19/2019
- Director of Mathematics and Science (Grades K through 8) JobID: 3081
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Master’s Degree in mathematics
- Extensive course work in education
- 5 to 7 years of teaching experience
- Program coordination experience
- Or, any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience using data to inform instruction
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct formal teaching observations and to provide constructive feedback.
- Assist teachers with improving techniques of mathematics instruction; provide instructional strategies and various tools to aid the instructional process; observe teachers and provide feedback and/or demonstration lessons.
- Assist with the overall evaluation of the mathematics program in the system and develop strategies for improvement; coordinate and provide staff development opportunities.
- Help design curriculum.
- Assist school district staff with the acquisition of appropriate instructional resources, materials, teacher tools and instructional equipment.
- Provide direct support to classroom teachers in implementing standards-based instructional and assessment practices through consultation and coaching.
- Assist the principals to initiate practices based on identified needs of students and teachers.
- Work with principals and teachers to implement recommendations resulting from program reviews.
- Assist new teachers and teachers new to a grade level through regular consultation and coaching.
- Support academic transition between grade levels and schools.
- Provide data analysis activities to inform program changes.
- Performs other work as required.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent for Academics and Support
To provide leadership, instructional strategy and curriculum review and revision, teacher professional development, and instructional coaching; assist principals and teachers with materials selection and provide teachers tools and materials to aid instruction; work with and be a resource to the principals to ensure a consistent academic mathematics program that engages all students; works with the Assistant Superintendent for Academics and Support to ensure a coherent vertically articulated K-12 program; and assist teachers with developing strategies and techniques for assessing and fulfilling the mathematics deficiencies of their students.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 month year
SALARY: Salary and benefits to be established by the School Board
EVALUATION: At least annually by the Assistant Superintendent for Academics and Support