Salem School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Assistant (Kindergarten)
at Salem School District
Openings as of 7/21/2019
- Instructional Assistant (Kindergarten) JobID: 3020
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
Lancaster Elementary School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Internal Closing 04/24/19
QUALIFICATIONS:1. High school graduate
2. Preferably college experience
3. Experience working with children
CONFERS WITH: Teacher(s), Specialists, and Building Administrator
JOB GOAL: To implement instructional activities and programs as directed
1. Work with students individually or in small groups as prescribed by the immediate supervisor.
a. Classroom Assistant: Usually works with students in the general school population.
b. Special Education/Inclusionary: Usually works with student(s) that has/have special needs, or require(s) additional educational assistance as defined in an IEP (Individual Education Plan) or 504 Plan. Student(s) may be in a classroom situation, or require one-on-one educational assistance.
2. Demonstrate a continuous sensitivity to the needs of children that are assigned.
3. Carry out instructional or developmental activities suggested by the teacher, specialist, or others designated by the building administrator.
4. May be required to attend to Special Education/Inclusionary students' personal care needs.
5. Maintain competency and skills through a variety of available offerings.
6. Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
$14.86 plus $.50 for NH Teacher Certification or NH Para II Educator Certification
This is a school-year position - 181 work days