Salem School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education Assistant
at Salem School District
Openings as of 7/20/2019
- Special Education Assistant JobID: 2914
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Special Education Assistant
- Date Posted:
Soule Elementary School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Internal Closing 02/08/19
- Work with students individually or in small groups as prescribed by the immediate supervisor.
- Classroom Assistant: Usually works with students in the general school population.
- Special Education/Inclusionary: Usually works with students who have special needs, or require additional educational assistance as defined in an IEP. Students may be in a classroom situation, or require one-on-one educational assistance.
- Demonstrate a continuous sensitivity to the needs of children to whom they are assigned.
- Carry out instructional or developmental activities suggested by the teacher, specialist, or others designated by the building administrator including toileting routines requiring physical assistance.
- Maintain competency and skills through a variety of available offerings.
- May be responsible for personal care needs of student(s)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPI (Non Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention) certification.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
1. High school graduate
4. Must be able to lift 30 pounds
$14.86/hour plus additional $.50/hour if NH Teacher Certified or NH Para-Educator II Certified
This is a school-year position - 182 work days