Sprague Pest Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Desktop/End User Support Specialist
at Sprague Pest Solutions
Sprague takes a collaborative, customer-centric approach to providing best-in-class energy products and related services throughout the Northeast. As a publicly-traded company (NYSE:SRLP) founded in 1870, we pride ourselves on offering customers the expert solutions and high-quality service that help their businesses thrive in any market landscape. Sprague values innovation, safety, integrity and people. We know that our people are what set us apart from our competition, and we work hard to make sure each employee across our 20 locations knows how important they are to our community.
Under limited general supervision, the support specialist performs technical tasks associated with computer support. Perform hardware and software installations on new and existing computers. Support backups, and have ability to follow detailed Standard Operating Procedures. Perform technical tasks associated with both on-site and remote computer support.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Leverage automation tools (MDT and WDS) for OS deployments, as well as PDQ Deploy for application deployment
- PowerShell scripting to create/modify AD user and Microsoft Exchange accounts
- Install computer hardware components (disk drives, RAM, interface hardware, monitors, printers and other computer related hardware) in accordance with standards and specifications
- Install proprietary and commercial PC application packages and configure target PC systems as necessary to support effective use of the installed software
- Conduct required testing of installed hardware and software in preparation for delivery of new or modified PC configurations prior to delivery to the end user
- Maintain documentation of all incidents resolved in accordance with standards and requirements as set forth in our ticketing system, ServiceNow
- Work as a member of the IT Solution Center team to provide phone support to end users in local and remote locations in accordance with documented policies and procedures. Respond and follows up on technical support tickets submitted via phone, email, and walk-ups while documenting all work performed
- Provide first and second level support for computer hardware and software issues. Problem resolution will involve telephone assistance, remote support and/or on-site maintenance as appropriate
- Coordinate efforts with Network Support, Server Support, and other IT support personnel in the completion of assigned tasks and the resolution of PC and mobile device related incidents
- Contact vendor technical support to obtain product information and escalate support issues as necessary to resolve issues
- Maintain up to date knowledge with computer technology, software products and industry developments as appropriate to advise management and the end user community on computer issues and vendor offerings
- Provide general assistance to end users in the operation and utilization of computer resources
- Be part of an on call rotation to assist in providing 24/7 coverage for after-hour, weekend, or holiday maintenance and support as required.
- Key contributor to the Integration Team
- Procure hardware and software as directed; package and ship to remote locations when necessary
- Other projects as assigned with a wide degree of flexibility, creativity and professionalism expected
- Occasional North East regional travel to support additional Sprague facilities and projects
Education / Experience / Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in an associated discipline and a minimum of 5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Recognized industry certification or related experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience with Windows 7 & 10
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience with Microsoft Office platforms
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience with Windows server operating systems and technologies including, but not limited to:
- Active Directory, Exchange Management Console, Exchange Command Console, Office 365
- PowerShell or other scripting experience desired
- Experience with IT support ticketing systems and ITIL fundamentals – ServiceNow experience preferred (administration experience a plus)
- Experience installing, configuring and supporting Windows OS, networked and local printers, and business applications
- Ability to quickly, and efficiently, analyze technical issues and a proven ability to resolve these issues swiftly and accurately with minimum supervision
- Excellent customer service abilities, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge and experience with customer service / ITIL practices
- Ability to multi-task on individual projects with limited supervision, as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Hands on experience with Apple IOS devices
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts including Ethernet, Routing, LAN and WAN Support
- Ability and willingness to travel. Minimum travel requirement 30%
Who we are looking for:
Do you like to solve problems and consider yourself forward thinking? If you are looking for a place where you can learn a lot about the energy industry and constantly challenge yourself, then Sprague is your place. Sprague employees are dedicated and driven, and we constantly strive to be the best in the industry. We work best as a team, knowing that collaboration leads to innovation and the best customers experience. As a company that has continued to evolve with the energy industry for the last 150 years, we are looking for hardworking employees to join us as we remain at the forefront of the industry.
What we offer:
We recently surveyed our employees to ask them their favorite part of the job. Unanimously, they answered, "The people I work with." You are part of a team and a family at Sprague, and everyone works together to ensure both the success of the company and of the individual. On top of great coworkers, you’ll enjoy perks like benefits and retirement contributions that start on your first day. Sprague also provides tuition reimbursement for any employee that would like to further their education. Is giving back important to you? Sprague offers paid volunteer time and has weekly dress down days when employees can donate to a local charity in exchange for wearing jeans. Do you like to get involved where you work? Sprague has a range of committees to support varying initiatives (Sustainability, Charitable, Scholarship, FunForce, etc…). Sprague is a place that cares about its employees, its community, and creating a place where people want to come to work every day. Come join us!