Sprague Pest Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nat Gas Cost Associate
at Sprague Pest Solutions
Sprague takes a collaborative, customer-centric approach to providing best-in-class energy products and related services throughout the Northeast. As a publicly-traded company (NYSE:SRLP) founded in 1870, we pride ourselves on offering customers the expert solutions and high-quality service that help their businesses thrive in any market landscape. Sprague values innovation, safety, integrity and people. We know that our people are what set us apart from our competition, and we work hard to make sure each employee across our 20 locations knows how important they are to our community.
Job Summary / General Purpose:
The Natural Gas Logistics department is responsible for collecting, generating and reporting a wide variety of data that support Natural Gas Scheduling and Supply, Natural Gas Billing, and Accounting. The individual in this position will gain a firm understanding of Sprague’s wholesale and retail accounting systems, and how the two work together. They will also be responsible for maintaining data in both systems and at times will need to provide others with information in the format and at the times required by their business processes.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Reconcile intercompany discrepancies on a daily basis by researching and correcting significant variances between our accounting systems, SolArc Nat Gas and Safari. This may include working with schedulers to reconcile supply cuts and/or working with other departments to correct customer account issues.
- Process third party supply invoices and pipeline invoices on a monthly basis. Work with scheduling, trading, and accounting teams to reconcile and resolve discrepancies between SolArc Nat Gas and these invoices.
- Assist Scheduling in maintaining and uploading the correct volumes into Safari on a daily basis, helping to ensure accurate costs and reporting throughout the month. Such volumes include Utility Managed Resources and LDC Forecasts/Backcasts. Look into possible upload errors that could prevent accurate data from being loaded.
- Gather, download, and format customer usage data in order to assist schedulers with accurate customer forecasting and historical usage trends.
- Collect, enter, and track Operational Flow Orders (OFO’s) and communicate these to the sales team
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education / Experience / Skill Requirements:
- BS, BA in business management or a related field, or AS with 2 years of relevant experience
- Energy industry experience a plus
- Strong desktop computing skills, especially Microsoft Excel and Access
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks and operate under regular deadlines
Who we are looking for:
Do you like to solve problems and consider yourself forward thinking? If you are looking for a place where you can learn a lot about the energy industry and constantly challenge yourself, then Sprague is your place. Sprague employees are dedicated and driven, and we constantly strive to be the best in the industry. We work best as a team, knowing that collaboration leads to innovation and the best customer experience. As a company that has continued to evolve with the energy industry for the last 150 years, we are looking for hardworking employees to join us as we remain at the forefront of the industry.
What we offer:
We recently surveyed our employees to ask them their favorite part of the job. Unanimously, they answered, "The people I work with." You are part of a team and a family at Sprague, and everyone works together to ensure both the success of the company and of the individual. On top of great coworkers, you’ll enjoy perks like benefits and retirement contributions that start on your first day. Sprague also provides tuition reimbursement for any employee that would like to further their education. Is giving back important to you? Sprague offers paid volunteer time and has weekly dress down days when employees can donate to a local charity in exchange for wearing jeans. Do you like to get involved where you work? Sprague has a range of committees to support varying initiatives (Sustainability, Charitable, Scholarship, FunForce, etc…). Sprague is a place that cares about its employees, its community, and creating a place where people want to come to work every day. Come join us!
Sprague is an EEO/AA employer. We strongly encourage minorities, females, Vets and individuals with disabilities to apply.
As a federal contractor we adhere to OFCCP employment regulations.