Transparent Language, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Online Government Foreign Language Instructor/Coach
at Transparent Language, Inc
“Cohort Coaching” supports training persistence where independent directed sustainment and enhancement can happen anytime, anywhere, and on any device (i.e. laptop, Smartphone, tablet, language lab, etc.) to better accommodate Department of Defense (DoD) language professionals working outside of formal language training events with full-time mission/staff requirements.
A Transparent Connect “Coach” develops focused lessons, encourages, supports, tutors and tracks the various language acquisition, sustainment, refresher and enhancement efforts of language professionals grouped according to proficiency and responds both reactively and proactively to the needs of Cohort members, while Cohort members can easily reach out for assistance or instruction. The overall goal of Cohort Coaching is to materially reduce language proficiency drop-off in between formal language training events and support career-long language proficiency enhancement.
West African French dialects
Spanish (Latin American)
- Experience in language instructions and/or mentorship DoD language professional from one of the following communities – Cryptologic Linguists, Intelligence Analyst, Foreign Area Officer, Special Operations Forces, Civil Affairs
- Educated native speakers of the target language or have an educated near-native foreign language capability in speaking, listening and reading (language rating of ILR level 3/3/3).
- Bachelor’s degree-preferably attained in target country.
- American citizen
- Military Language Instructor (MLI)
- DoD language professional from one of the following communities – Cryptologic Linguists, Intelligence Analyst, Foreign Area Officer, Special Operations Forces, Civil Affairs
- Curriculum Development
- Instructor CL-150 Certification – active or inactive
- Experience working with the CL-150 and other blended language learning platforms
- Security Clearance – former or still active SECRET or higher
- Prior experience in rating passages in alignment with the ILR proficiency scale.
- Remote Office
This is a part time position and compensation will be determined based on experience.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.